What is Zwinky Toolbar?
Zwinky Toolbar is a potentially unwanted program, which is also known as a browser hijacker. We must warn you that this program has become a widely spread issue on the Internet because it is capable of hijacking each of web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. Nevertheless, it's not the main reason why security experts have included this application to such category. Beware that after hijacking each of web browsers this application may also cause other problems for its victims. It may alter the start page and the default search engine; it may display altered search results; it may show you continuous pop-up advertisements; it may track your browsing habits, etc. As you can see, Zwinky Toolbar is a seriously questionable application that was filled with various capabilities. If you don't want to reveal information, which is related to your browsing history, you should never keep such programs on your computer because it may easily start collecting data, which is related to it. It may collect your search terms, information about your mostly visited websites, data that you enter when visiting them, your PC's IP address, PC's location, etc. However, we think that the biggest problem, which is related to Zwinky Toolbar, is that it may make you to visit unwanted websites. It does that by showing altered search results that may be filled with various links. If you have just found Zwinky Toolbar on your web browser (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.), you should remove it from your computer. For that we recommend using SpyHunter.
HOW CAN Zwinky Toolbar hijack my computer?
Zwinky Toolbar can be installed on your computer consciously from its official site or having no idea about that. In fact, this program has been noticed for its suspicious infiltration, which requires no users’ permission asked. If you want to avoid that, you should start checking what components are spread in a bundle with freeware. Please, always select Custom or Advanced installation option when installing download managers, PDF creators, video streaming software, video recording software, etc. After doing so, make sure you find a check mark that claims that you want to install this toolbar or change your start page/default search engine. Of course, you should uncheck each of such questionable checkboxes and complete your installation. If Zwinky Toolbar virus enters its target PC system, it modifies some of browser’s settings and starts promoting unknown and sometimes very questionable websites against their will. Beware that this potentially unwanted program may alter your homepage and default search engine to mywebsearch.com. In addition, it may fill your search results with various links and pop-up ads. Please, do NOT ignore these changes because they may complicate your browsing experience in the future and may also lead you to the infiltration of other malware. Security experts recommend removing Zwinky Toolbar from the system without wasting the time.
HOW TO REMOVE Zwinky Toolbar virus?
If Zwinky Toolbar redirects have been bothering you, you should check your computer with the reputable alsi-spyware and remove suspicious programs from your computer. Of course, you can also follow these steps:
You can remove Zwinky Toolbar automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Zwinky Toolbar Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Zwinky Toolbar and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Zwinky Toolbar or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Zwinky Toolbar or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Zwinky Toolbar from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Zwinky Toolbar and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Zwinky Toolbar removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Zwinky Toolbar and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Zwinky Toolbar removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Zwinky Toolbar and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Zwinky Toolbar removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Zwinky Toolbar or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Zwinky Toolbar, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Zwinky Toolbar removal process.
Step 4: Complete Zwinky Toolbar removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Zwinky Toolbar registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Zwinky Toolbar
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.