What is 123HD-Plus?
123HD-Plus is a very dubious application that internet users may mistakenly assume as a virus infection. This program is relatively harmless; however, there are some facts about this application that you should know. Firstly, 123HD-Plus is categorized as an adware. It means that this program is supported by advertising and it may flood your screen with them. Secondly, this program may violate your privacy by tracking your online presence. It acts this way with the intention to track your browsing habits and use this information for various commercial purposes. Thirdly, In worst case scenario, if you click 123HD-Plus ads, you may get redirected to some unsafe website and catch a virus infection. We are completely sure that you do not what that. So, read this whole article in order to find out how similar adwares travel and how to remove them.
How can 123HD-Plus hijack my computer?
Usually, 123HD-Plus virus relies on other free programs and questionable download pages for its distribution. In fact, researches have shown that freewares are one of the most common causes of an adware infection. Now you know how this pesky intruder travels. Keeping that in mind, you can take some precautions in order to protect your computer. The best thing that you can do is get yourself a reliable anti-spyware program. Reliable and updated security tool should automatically block and remove similar intruders. Moreover, always check what programs you download and from where you download them. In order to avoid 123HD-Plus adware, you have to check every single freeware that you are going to install. Read end-user license agreement (EULA) part and follow the entire installation. Although that may take a couple of minutes of your time, you will have much higher chances to spot and eliminate such invaders.
How to remove 123HD-Plus adware from my computer?
Sometimes 123HD-Plus virus and similar adwares may drop registry entries in order to hide in your system and to boot every time when you start your windows. However, usually the manual removal instruction should do the job. Follow these simple steps and stop 123HD-Plus redirects from happening.
- Scan your computer with a reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes.
- Remove 123HD-Plus from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as 123HD-Plus, CostMin, Coinis Downloader, SaverAddon, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove 123HD-Plus extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as 123HD-Plus and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries, such as 123HD-Plus and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional):
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions like 123HD-Plus and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.