123HD-Ready is a very questionable program that may negatively affect your browsing experience by slowing down the system and displaying tons of annoying advertisements. This questionable plug-in is capable of hijacking all of the browsers that are installed on the system by the user. When the infiltration of 123HD-Ready virus is completed, you may be forced to see irritating pop-ups, in-text ads, video ads, search ads and other commercial messages. These advertisements may follow you everywhere, no matter what websites you are going to visit. Because this doubtful extension may initiate these unwanted actions, many internet users are assuming that 123HD-Ready is a virus. However, there is a lighter term that describes this program and that term is adware (ad-supported program). If you are experiencing pop-ups that are labeled as “Ads by 123HD-Ready”, “123HD-Ready Deals”, “Brought to you by 123HD-Ready”, “Powered by 123HD-Ready”, it means that this useless program has already been added to your system.
How can 123HD-Ready hijack my computer?
123HD-Ready is often promoted as a useful tool that can help people who are watching YouTube videos and seeking to improve the quality of their videos. Of course, we can't guarantee that this program fails to do that; however, this program may also start interrupting you with its ads, 123HD-Ready redirects and similar inconveniences. Moreover, this program may also be promoted via other free programs as an extra attachment. This distribution technique is called bundling. If you are not attentive enough while installing free programs, you might install 123HD-Ready unintentionally as well. Therefore, you should take some extra steps before installing a doubtful program. The first thing that you should do is check whether this program you are about to install is carrying any unwanted attachments. You should select advanced or custom installation option and follow the entire process one step at a time.
How to remove 123HD-Ready ads?
Sometimes this pesky intruder may slip unnoticed. Don't worry, it happens quite often. In this case, you just need to remove it. Follow these steps and remove 123HD-Ready virus from your computer:
- Scan your computer with Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or Malwarebytes Anti Malware. This will help you to make sure that your system is free of malicious files and folders.
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to 123HD-Ready:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as 123HD-Ready by Phoenix Media and similar unknown entries.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.