123srv.com is an advertising platform, which may start causing different kinds of pop-ups during your browsing. If you are suffering from annoying pop-up notifications, in-text ads, redirects to unknown sites and browser's slow downs, it means that you have been tricked into installing a potentially unwanted program on your computer. Such programs are also categorized as 'adwares' and they can infiltrate PCs without being stopped by anti-viruses because they are not considered viruses. However, no matter that they don't pose harm to the system, they can initiate completely annoying activities and display ads that are filled with insecure links. By the way, they may also start tracking your browsing activities and collecting such details as your favorite sites, search terms, time that is spent on them and similar. If you think that your system was affected by 123srv.com virus, you should waste no time and check it with reputable anti-spyware.
How can 123srv.com hijack my computer?
As you must have already understood, 123srv.com pop-up ads start interrupting people's browsing once they download a potentially unwanted program, which causes them. Such programs are typically spread in a bundle with freewares and sharewares because their developers seek to increase their income somehow. Keep in mind that in order to avoid such adwares as plugins, add-ons, toolbars and extensions, you should carefully monitor freeware's installation and find all check marks that typically claim that you agree to install such browser plugins as 123srv.com. For that, always choose Custom or Advanced installation and then uncheck all suspicious check marks. If you have already been tricked into installing hidden installations and noticed that 123srv.com hijacked your browsers, you should scan your machine with reputable anti-spyware and follow these steps:
How to remove 123srv.com virus?
In order to stop 123srv.com redirects and similar unwanted activities, you should find this potentially unwanted program, which causes them. For that we recommend scanning computer with one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes. Once you finish a scan, also follow these steps:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to Gooternet:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.