1place.org is an unfair search engine, which may be related to browser hijackers and other questionable programs. After testing it on our computers, we discovered that it may hijack all web browsers and then return altered search results. Besides, it may also show you commercial pop-up ads and initiate other annoying activities whenever it wants to do that. In most of the cases, 1place.org hijacks Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet web browsers and starts previously mentioned activities without wasting its time. The main reason why this site initiates these activities is very simple – it seeks to reroute people to related sites and earn some easy money from that. If you noticed 1place.org redirects and similar problems, you should waste no time and check your computer for 1place.org virus.
How can 1place.org appear on my computer?
1place.org redirects begin as soon as users agree to install the malicious add-on, extension and similar app, which is related to this engine. If you want to avoid it, you should concentrate on paying more attention to freeware's installation and mostly use Custom or Advanced installation when downloading free programs from the Internet. If you miss the check mark that agrees with 1place.org add-on's installation, you may notice that you can't use Google, Bing or other reputable search engines because this search engine is set to alter homepage or default search engine and make similar modifications on the system. Please, do NOT ignore that. You can eliminate 1place.org redirects with a help of this guide:
How to remove 1place.org?
Technically, 1place.org is not a virus. It's just an unfair search engine, which is misused by cyber criminals for their own needs. In order to stop its redirects to unfamiliar websites and similar activities, you should remove it from the system. For that follow this guide:
- Uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for 1place, flash-Enhancer, SafeSaver, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Media Player 1.1, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, YutubeAdBlock 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, QuickShare, Lightspark, Surftastic, Software Version Updater, Media Viewer 1.1 and other unknown entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
After that, reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.