4-you.net is not a virus or malware that poses a risk of harm to computer. It's just an annoying search engine, which may take over your start page and default search engine without an appropriate permission asked. After that, it may start initiating annoying redirections to unknown websites, show commercial pop-up notifications and cause other unwanted activities. No matter that such search engines are legitimate, 4-you.net can hardly be trusted because it mostly returns altered search results. By doing that, it makes people visit related sites and earns the money for its creators. If you want to receive trustworthy search results, we recommend avoiding 4-you.net. Instead of this website, you should rely on Google, Yahoo or other reputable search site.
HOW CAN 4-you.net APPEAR ON MY COMPUTER?
4-you.net can be downloaded from the Internet just like any other program. However, it can also show up on the system after installing freeware or shareware on it. This distribution method is called 'bundling' but you can avoid such additional downloads by paying more attention to the installation process of freeware. Basically, you need to find a check mark, which says 'Make 4-you.net my start page' or similar and delete it. If this search engine infiltrates the system, it initiates several system changes that help it show up every time user reboots the computer. If you noticed this search engine on your computer and you want to get rid of it, follow this guide and remove 4-you.net from the system:
HOW TO REMOVE 4-you.net?
We recommend following these steps if you want to remove 4-you.net from your computer:
- Scan a system with anti-spyware. Try using Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes for that.
- Uninstall 4-you.net via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for 4-you.net and other unknown entries, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Finally, remove 4-you.net from each of your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for 4-you.net and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- After that, change the start page.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find 4-you.net and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Once you do that, don't forget to change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for 4-you.net and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- After that, change the settings of your start page.