“Ad Info” term is a sign that your computer was affected by a questionable extension, plugin or other application. In most of the cases, such programs enter computers behind people's back and start forcing them to see continuous pop-up advertisements and similar content. If you avoid clicking on these ads, you can feel completely safe. However, these sponsored messages may because a pain because they can easily distract your attention. In most of the cases, “Ad Info” virus is capable of hijacking different browsers at the same time; therefore, no matter what browser you are using and what website you are visiting, you may be flooded with all sorts of advertisements. if you noticed “Ad Info” or similar sponsored messages during your browsing, you must ignore them because they may redirect you to unsafe websites. Many people are suffering from Ad Info ads right after the installation of a doubtful freeware. That is why you should be very careful when installing such apps on your computer..
How can “Ad Info” hijack my computer?
We have made a small research on this questionable application and found a couple of interesting facts about it. Ad Info virus travels around bundled with freewares as an extra attachment. So, if you are seeing its ads, you should check your recently installed programs and remove such apps as Tube Dimmer, LyricsSay, HD-Plus, Browse2Save, etc. Moreover, it is known that this dubious application may act as a tracking cookie. It may record your browsing habits and use this information for targeted advertising or other reasons. If you want to avoid this potentially unwanted program, you should always check every program that you are installing on your computer. Read end-user license agreement before you start the installation and avoid clicking the next button all the time because you may overlook and add “Ad Info” or similar extension to each of your web browsers. Also, consider selecting advanced or custom installation method and following the entire process.
How to remove “Ad Info” virus from my computer?
If you are totally annoyed by this potentially unwanted program, you should get rid of it by following these steps:
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to Ad Info:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Tube Dimmer, LyricsSay, HD-Plus, Browse2Save, SuperLyrics, DownloadTerms 1.0, Plus-HD-1.3, ElectroLyrics-1, a2zLyrics-1, SimpleLyrics etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for Ad Info, and other unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.