AdBlocknWatch is a potentially unwanted program (PUP), which may initiate random advertisements, pop-ups, in-text ads, search ads and other commercial messages that are labeled Ads by AdBlocknWatch. In most of the cases, it enters computers using a very unfair way, therefore, people are assuming that AdBlocknWatch is a virus. In fact, many respectable and well-known anti-spyware programs recognize this program as a questionable plugin, so you should think twice before you decide to install it on your computer. Otherwise, you should be prepared for continuous pop-up ads and redirects to unknown sites. By the way, several security experts have reported that this questionable program may act as a tracking cookie and collect people's private browsing data for sharing it with the third-parties. This can easily initiate privacy related issues, so we recommend avoiding AdBlocknWatch virus and uninstalling it from your computer.
How can AdBlocknWatch hijack my computer?
As we have already mentioned, this program may infiltrate your computer without your approval. AdBlocknWatch and similar potentially unwanted programs are distributed via freewares, sharewares and other third-party programs, so people fall for their installation quite often. Don't be fooled by these unfair marketing tricks! You can avoid AdBlocknWatch and similar potentially unwanted programs without any problem. You just need to remember these things: avoid visiting unsafe websites, stop downloading free programs from unknown sources and check what attachments are tying to get inside your computer in a bundle with them. In addition, read EULA (end-user license agreement) and select advanced installation method of the freeware. Finally, closely monitor the whole installation progress, opt out of any unwanted accessories and finish program's installation.
How to remove AdBlocknWatch virus?
AdBlocknWatch redirects and pop-ups may occur right after the installation of this doubtful program. Don't worry, you can stop these annoying activities by removing this program from the system. For that you can use these steps:
- Scan your computer with Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus. This will help you to make sure that your system is free of malicious files and folders.
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to AdBlocknWatch:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as AdBlocknWatch, ThaeAdAopp, UTUobEAdaBlock, SafeSaver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, LyricsBuddy-1, YZorable 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.2, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, Re-markit and similar unknown entries.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and click 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.