AKM virus (also called as AKM Ihr Computer ist Gesperrt virus or Autoren Komponisten Musikverleger virus) is a dangerous ransomware, which has nothing in common with the real governmental authority, such as Police. In reality, this German virus belongs to cyber criminals, who seek to fool their victims and get their money in a form of fine. For that, they firstly infect system with trojan horse, which blocks the whole computer's system next and shows a large notification reporting about various problems detected. AKM virus classically names the use of copyrighted content, distribution of malware and similar e-crimes that have been recorded by Police. Additionally, it asks to pay the fine of 100 euro. Remember, Police or other governmental authority doesn't use such methods to collect fines for any law violations. AKM virus is a huge scam that must be ignored.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH AKM virus?
AKM virus can easily infect poorly protected systems. As we have already mentioned, it is downloaded by trojan horse, which infects computer as program's update or official letter. This virus is set for making the money, so additionally it starts creating a story about non existent crimes that are noticed on user's computer. Be aware that AKM virus is especially dangerous for those who live in Germany, but it may also infect those countries that are in its neighborhood. Be sure that it's almost impossible not to notice that ransomware infection has infected the system. As we have said, the main sign is computer's lock down. Please, be very careful when dealing with AKM virus because it's a dangerous application that tries to steal the money. You have to ignore its alert and remove AKM virus from the system.
HOw TO REMOVE AKM virus?
When trying to remove AKM virus, you have to unblock your PC first. Some users report that they have managed to do that after setting their PCs date back, others unblock it when reboot their machines to Safe Mode with networking. If these options haven't been working for you, use these steps:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected withAKM virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Ukash viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual AKM virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining virus files.
AKM virus manual removal: