AllMyWeb.com is a very doubtful search engine, which may return for you altered search resutls or display annoying pop-up advertisements during your searches. This site is often promoted as a tool that enhances people's browsing experience. Indeed, it has a lot of useful features, such as quick links to your favorite websites, weather forecasts, and even a search tab. However, the search function that is provided by AllMyWeb is very questionable. If AllMyWeb.com hijacks browsers, it may also start displaying irritating pop-ups, in-text links and banner ads. However, the most important thing is that it may return for you doubtful search results that are filled with sponsored links. Although AllMyWeb.com claims that it is powered by Yahoo!, you should be very careful when using it. If you noticed that this search site replaced your favorite search engine or home page, you should waste no time and scan it with reputable anti-spyware.
How can AllMyWeb.com hijack my computer?
AllMyWeb search engine is often traveling around with a help of another questionable program called Scenic Reflections. This program is promoted as a tool that allows you to download screensavers and wallpapers. If you decide to download this doubtful program on your computer, you should take into account that it may try to alter your homepage and default search engine to AllMyWeb.com. Moreover, Internet is filled with similar free programs that may also be involved to AllMyWeb.com virus distribution. In order to avoid this and similar hijackers, you should remember that you should always opt out of them by choosing Custom or advanced installation method. Moreover, don't install free programs from unknown sources and check whether this program, you are about to install, is carrying any hidden accessories. For that you should select Advanced or Custom installation method.
How to remove AllMyWeb.com redirect virus?
In order to restore your browsers to their previous state, you should remove AllMyWeb hijacker from your system. For that follow these steps:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to AllMyWeb:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as ScenicReflections Toolbar and Anti-phishing Domain Advisor and similar unknown entries.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.