ANSSI virus is a dangerous ransomware that should be avoided. If you want to feel safe, you should always make sure that your PC has updated anti-virus and anti-spyware. Otherwise, this virus can easily infiltrate it and lock the entire system down. As a result, you won't be capable to reach the Internet connection or use your useful programs that are installed on the machine. You will see only this misleading alert from ANSSI virus, which pretends to belong to the French organization called Agence nationale de la sécurité des systèmes d'information. Please, ignore ANSSI virus because it seeks the only thing – swindle your money. It does that by reporting about various law violations and then pushing the victim to pay the fine via Ukash, Paysafecard or other prepayment system. Please, never do that!
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH ANSSI virus?
In most of the cases, ANSSI virus attacks computers that are located in France. However, it can also infiltrate those machines that can be found in other countries. If you want to avoid its infiltration, that disables access to the PC, you should stop visiting illegal websites and stop using illegal software. In addition, make sure your machine is protected with updated security software. If this ransomware manages to get inside, it modifies some of PC's parameters and starts showing its fake alert, which is written in French. Please, ignore this forged message and remove ANSSI virus by following this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE ANSSI virus?
When trying to remove ANSSI virus, you have to unlock your computer first. In order to get an ability to scan your compromised computer with a decent anti-malware, follow these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with ANSSI virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with ANSSI virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual ANSSI virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining FBI Paypal virus files.