What is Antivirus Blocking Rules?
Cannot launch any of the anti-virus tools? Your computer works in a suspicious manner? Cannot get rid of irritating ads and redirects to do doubtful websites? Then it might be that Antivirus Blocking Rules malware has slithered onto your computer and now is going to block your attempts to protect a computer from threats. This infection is mainly used by cyber criminals, especially developers of rogue anti-spyware. Nevertheless, security experts have noticed that it is increasingly frequently used by the developers of potentially unwanted programs’ (adwares, browser hijackers, etc.). The reason is very simple – developers of rogue anti-spyware and PUPs seek to make users’ anti-virus tools unresponsive and thereby ensure the longer lasting presence on a computer, which guarantees more income.
If you suspect that Antivirus Blocking Rules malware is hiding in your computer, it’s a warning that you should not ignore. In most of the cases, it is distributed along with rogue anti-spywares, such as 360 Safe, My Security Shield, Security Cleaner Pro, and others. Therefore, if you cannot access Reimage, Malwarebytes Malwarebytes or any other reputable anti-spyware tool, then try to look if there are not doubtful programs related to computer’s security installed on your machine. If you find one and can launch it, then there is no doubt that you are encountering a rogue anti-spyware and Antivirus Blocking Rules malware alongside. Be very careful because rogue anti-spywares are managed by cyber criminals who may put all efforts to trick you into giving away your hard-earned money and may even try to disclose some pieces of sensitive information. Thus, if you suspect Antivirus Blocking Rules virus along with a rogue anti-spyware to be hiding in your machine, you should take needed actions and launch Reimage or another reputable anti-spyware ASAP.
How can Antivirus Blocking Rules hijack my computer?
Rogue anti-spywares often can be installed on computers willingly from the official websites. However, more often they are spread alongside other freewares and sharewares, via illegal websites, exploit kits and other unfair means. Thus, in order to stay away from malware and virus attacks, you should keep a reputable anti-spyware installed and don’t forget to update it regularly. Besides, avoid visiting doubtful websites, NEVER open suspicious emails since it may be spam, DO NOT click on software update prompts and similar content unless you don’t mind infecting your machine.
If Antivirus Blocking Rules malware enters the system in a bundle with a rogue security utility, you may receive an error message every time you try to launch a reliable anti-malware since it seeks to:
- prevent malware detection;
- prevent you from accessing anti-malware and computer security related websites by corrupting their Hosts files;
- prevent you from buying anti-malware from the market;
- block access to the Windows features (Task Manager, System Restore or even Safe Mode).
Thus, this malware may cause really serious issues on your computer and make you feel helpless. Fortunately, we can give you a couple of useful tips on how to launch your anti-virus and remove this threat successfully.
How to remove Antivirus Blocking Rules virus?
It’s recommended to remove neither Antivirus Blocking Rules not rogue anti-spyware manually since it’s very difficult and you may leave lots of components uninstalled resulting in further problems. Thus, you should rely this work to a reputable anti-spyware.
Security experts have noticed that in some of the cases anti-spyware is allowed to launch when an error message that Antivirus Blocking Rules shows is dragged away and the icon of the anti-spyware is clicked again.
By the way, try to re-name your anti-spyware to ‘explorer.exe.’ This might help since rogue anti-spywares have stay connected with their purchase websites, which is not possible when a file name has the suffix .exe.
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose the date and the specific restore point that you want and click Next.
- Wait until your PC reboots and click OK on the Restoration Complete window.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
If you are using Windows 8, then follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point in the Search section.
- Now click on Settings -> Create a restore point.
- When in System Protection tab, select System Restore.
- Click Next button to see your restore points and left-click on the entry you need.
- Now select Scan for affected programs -> Close -> Next -> Finish.
- Once your PC reboots, download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser’s icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel and select User Accounts.
- After a new window shows up, click on Guest -> Turn On Guest Account.
- Now wait until computer reboots and you see Windows log on screen.
- Select Guest account for downloading our recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Malwarebytes Malwarebytes on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that, you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.
5. BLOCKING Antivirus Blocking Rules BEFORE A SCAN:
- Let Antivirus Blocking Rules start its work and finish its fake system scan.
- Click on Allow unprotected and close the warning message.
- Open File Explorer (click Start -> Documents) and enter %AppData% in the location bar. Click enter.
- Rename guard-agas or similar entry.
- Reboot your machine and enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe
- Download SpyHunter and remove malicious files that belong to Antivirus Blocking Rules.