Apype is a browser hijacker, which is closely related to Smart Web Search. This program is not a virus or malware because it doesn’t harm computers. However, it may initiate serious problems for those who like to search the web without redirections to unknown websites. If you noticed that your browser redirects you to Apype.com, this program has already infiltrated your machine. Other things that may be initiated by this program are commercial pop-up notifications and browser’s slowdowns. If you want to avoid these things, you should not only remove Apype from Add/Remove Programs. In order to get rid of this add-on for good, you also have to fix each of your web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Continue reading and we will explain how to do that.
HOW CAN APYPE INFILTRATE MY COMPUTER?
Apype is propagated using unfair distribution methods that are closely related to freeware and shareware, such as video players and other tools or utilities. If you want to avoid this program, you have to check the whole installation process of the freeware and uncheck these check marks that agree to install browser add-ons, extensions, plug-ins and similar components on computer. If you missed this check mark, you will discover Apype as soon as you will open your browser. Besides, you may also see commercial notifications and similar things when browsing on the Internet. If you are annoyed by this program, you should follow a guide given below and remove Apype from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE APYPE?
Redirections to Apype.com and other websites might be a dangerous because you may be forced to visit infected website. In order to stop them, we recommend following these steps:
- Scan a system with Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Reimage or Malwarebytes Anti Malware
- Eliminate Apype via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Apype and any recentrly installed freeware, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Remove Apype add-on from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for Apype and other unknown extensions, and click 'uninstall'.
- After that, change the start page to get rid of dosearches.com.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Apype and other unknown entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Once you do that, don't forget to change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for Apype and other unknown entries, and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- After that, change the settings of your start page.