Ascentive is a potentially unwanted program, which may not only display commercial ads when you browse on the web. It may also slow down your computer's performance or try to download more PUPs on it. Furthermore, this program may also try to collect your private information in order to use for targeted advertisements and similar activities. Beware that it can easily initiate privacy related issues because you may also lose such data as log-ins and passwords. You can hardly notice the moment of Ascentive's infiltration. However, you should never miss its irrelevant and annoying advertisements. The only way how you can stop them is by removing this unwanted program. Many users often have noticed problems while removing Ascentive virus manually, therefore you should use a reliable anti-spyware for that.
How can Ascentive infiltrate my computer?
Ascentive can easily infiltrate your computer unnoticed, just like any other adware-type program. It's especially popular in Italy, Ukraine and United States of America, so you should be especially careful when browsing the web in order to avoid this virus. A lot of people who installed Ascentive on their computers via freewares and sharewares are now complaining about Ascentive.com ads. In order to prevent their appearance, you should choose only Custom or Advanced installation method of the freeware. If you noticed tons of uncontrollable advertisements and your PC is running much slower, you should check your computer with reliable anti-spyware. Otherwise, you may lose your personal information and discover more unwanted programs on your computer.
How to remove Ascentive virus from my computer?
If Ascentive hijacked your computer, you should uninstall it and also reset each of your browsers. However, sometimes uninstalling such programs are not enough, you need to initiate deeper inspection of your system. That's why we also recommend scanning it with Reimage or Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner. In order to remove Ascentive adware from your computer, follow these steps:
- Remove recently installed freeware:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for unfamiliar extensions and similar entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes
- Reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.