AtuZi is a very untrustworthy program, which is often promoted using unfair distribution ways. As soon as it enters computer, this program may initiate many unwanted changes and modifications on the system. That's why there are hundreds of Internet users who are considering AtuZi a virus. That is not a complete true, although we don't recommend installing this program on the system. The most important reason why we recommend this is that AtuZi may flood you with tens of irritating advertisements, cause annoying redirects and similar troubles. AtuZi ads may appear every time you are surfing the web, so if you noticed advertisements that are labeled as “Ads by AtuZi”, “Powered by AtuZi”, “AtuZi Deals”, “Brought to you by AtuZi” and “Topic Torch by AtuZi”, it means that this questionable extension has already been added to your system.
How can AtuZi hijack my computer?
You can easily download AtuZi from its official website (www(dot)a-tu-zi(dot)com), thinking that it will improve your browser. However, you should firstly read its end-user license agreement section, that clearly warns: The Software (AtuZi) is supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser, including, without limitation, search-related ads, banner and video ads, in-text ads, transitional, interstitial and full page ads.(…) The Software may also be used remotely to support computing research programs.” However, in most of the cases this program is traveling around in a bundle with free programs as an extra attachment. If you decide to install unfamiliar free program, you may also add AtuZi virus to your system, so try to be very careful when doing that. If you think that AtuZi hijacked your browsers, you should waste no time and remove this potentially unwanted program (PUP) because it may flood you with annoying advertisements, initiate unwanted changes on your browser or may even start using your computer's resources for its own dubious activities.
How to remove AtuZi pop-up virus?
In order to prevent AtuZi's infiltration, you should avoid installing unfamiliar free programs. These programs are often carrying unwanted attachments that may hijack your browser or even infect your system with malicious programs. If you are suffering from AtuZi redirects, steps that are submitted below should help you to remove it:
- Scan your computer with Reimage or Malwarebytes Malwarebytes. This will help you to make sure that your system is free of malicious files and folders.
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to AtuZi:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as AtuZi and similar unknown entries.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and click 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.