What is AVC Plus?
AVC Plus is a rogue anti-spyware, which was released in the middle of December. It seems that it hails from a seriously popular group of malwares called Braviax. All threats that belong to this family share almost identical GUI, display similar pop-up notifications and seek the same aim – trick people into purchasing the licensed version. Beware that this 'licensed' version is fake and is used only as a tool for swindling people's money. Once AVC Plus virus infiltrates computer, it drops several registry entries and other files on it. Once it does that, it starts displaying fake system scanners that keep reporting about various PC-related issues. You can be informed about various threats, severe system damage and other problems. Of course, this is done just for trying to scare PC users and push them into paying for AVC Plus license or even revealing their credit card details. If you have already did this, this rogue has probably convinced you that it did what it promised – removed viruses that were hiding in your computer. Unfortunately but that's not true. Your payment just gave for this rogue a signal that it should stop showing you its fake pop-ups and notifications offering you to buy the license. Please, do NOT trust this and other programs that can easily show up on your computer without your permission asked! If you really want to check your PC and see what malicious programs are hiding inside, you should install Reimage or other reputable anti-spyware.
How can AVC Plus infect my computer?
Typically, rogue anti-spywares are spread around without people's awareness and permission asked. This is possible because there are thousands of PCs that are not protected because their owners simply don't think that their security is an important thing. Unfortunately, they get it only after they catch a serious cyber threat that requires lots of knowledge and money (!) for its successful removal. So, the main thing that you need when trying to avoid infiltration of AVC Plus virus is a reputable anti-spyware. In addition, you should also know that you should avoid spam, illegal websites and misleading pop-up notifications because these things have been actively used for spreading this and other rogue anti-spywares or potentially unwanted programs. If you received an email that is full of grammar or typo mistakes, and is trying to convince you that you need to download an attachment or click on some link, you should avoid it. In addition, you should stay away from various websites that are filled with illegal content because clicking on some banner or pop-up can lead you to the installation of AVC Plus virus. Finally, we would like to recommend you to avoid misleading pop-up ads that claim that you need to update some of your programs, such as Flash Player, FLV Player, download manager, etc. because they can hardly help you to update these programs. In most of the cases, such ads are used for spreading malicious programs.. If you think that AVC Plus is already hiding in your computer, you should ignore every of its notifications because they are misleading. In most of the cases, they report:
Security alert! Your computer was found to be infected with privacy-threatening software. Private data may get stolen and system damage may be severe. Recover your PC from the infection right now, perform a security scan.
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
In addition, you should remove this rogue anti-spyware from the system because keeping it can easily result in the infiltration of other threats, the loss of your personal information and other serious problems.
How to remove AVC Plus virus?
In order to remove AVC Plus virus from the system, we highly recommend you to scan your machine with Reimage, SpyHunterCombo Cleaner or Malwarebytes Malwarebytes right now. This will help you to eliminate all malicious files from the system. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to download anti-spyware and use it, read this guide. ATTENTION! AVC Plus may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose the date and the specific restore point that you want and click Next.
- Wait until your PC reboots and click OK on the Restoration Complete window.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel and select User Accounts.
- After a new window shows up, click on Guest -> Turn On Guest Account.
- Now wait until computer reboots and you see Windows log on screen
- Select Guest account for downloading our recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or SpyHunterCombo Cleaner to it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.
5. BLOCKING AVC Plus BEFORE A SCAN:
- Let Security Bytes 2015 start its work and finish its fake system scan.
- Click on Allow unprotected and close the warning message.
- Open File Explorer (click Start -> Documents) and enter %AppData% in the location bar. Click enter.
- Rename guard-agas or similar entry.
- Reboot your machine and enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe
- Download SpyHunter and remove malicious files that belong to AVC Plus.