Bandoomed is recognized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that was developed for your browser, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. In fact, there are a couple of things that you should know about this questionable application. First of all, many security experts are labeling Bandoomed as a potential threat and an adware-type program. Secondly, this program may easily hijack your browser and force you to see annoying advertisements everywhere you go. Thirdly, Bandoomed may use tracking cookies in order to track your online habits and later use this information for various commercial reasons. Internet is full of similar free add-ons, plug-ins and extensions for your browser. However, keep in mind that these free programs usually make money when cooperating with advertisers and spammers.
How can Bandoomed hijack my computer?
You may suffer from Bandoomed ads and redirects right after installing a doubtful freeware from an unknown source. This dubious application usually relies on a distribution method that is called bundling. Many internet users are downloading various freewares every single day. However, not many people are checking if these programs are safe enough. In order to spot Bandoomed virus, you need to be very attentive when installing doubtful programs. Closely follow the entire installation and try not to rush the whole process. For that, select 'advanced' or 'custom' installation option and look for suspicious attachments. Don't hesitate and unmark such additions, if there is any. Besides, try reading end-user license agreement (EULA) part before you have started the installation.
How to remove Bandoomed from my computer?
This application is completely useless. We recommend removing it as soon as possible before any further damage is done. Follow these simple instructions and get rid of Bandoomed virus.
- Remove Bandoomed from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Bandoomed, SaverAddon, SupTab, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as Bandoomed.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.