BestMarkit is a potentially unwanted program that is mostly accused for unexpected appearance on the system. Its developers are using questionable distribution methods and spread it in a bundle with other programs, so those who don't pay an appropriate amount of their attention to freeware's installation have been tricked into downloading BestMarkit against their will. In addition to that, this program may also start displaying continuous pop-up notifications that promote third parties and may also initiate BestMarkit redirects. If you happen to notice such inconveniences, it's a sign that you should check your computer for this PUP. Of course, you may notice the same symptoms after installing BestMarkit on your PC voluntarily. In fact, it has tricked hundreds of people because it is actively promoted as a valuable tool that can improve people's browsing experience.
How can BestMarkit hijack my system?
In order to avoid BestMarkit virus, you should remember that this program is actively spread using 'bundling'. When used, this method relies on other programs. At the moment of writing, this adware is actively distributed in a bundle with ClipHD, Media Play AIR +, Content Explorer. However, there are lots of other applications that may be involved in the distribution of this PUP. For installing only what you expect, you have to remember some things. First of all, you should always read End User license agreement for getting more information about a program. Also, once you decide that the program that you need is safe, you should choose Custom or Advanced installation and make sure you follow every installation step. Once you notice an option saying that you agree with the installation of BestMarkit or other optional download, you should uncheck it.
How to remove BestMarkit?
If BestMarkit virus has infiltrated your computer, you should ignore its ads because they can easily redirect you to unsafe website or make you download more questionable programs on the system. For eliminating this adware from the system, you should follow these steps:
- Uninstall BestOffers via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for best-markit and other recently installed free applications and uninstall them.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Remove BestMarkit from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
- Here, look for best-markit and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.