What is BetterCareerSearch Toolbar?
BetterCareerSearch Toolbar is a tool that should enhance web browsing experience. However, it has been classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) due to the ability to enter computers without being noticed and change default homepage and search engine to ask.com without requiring for a permission directly. By performing web browser’s modifications, this toolbar may seek to create traffic to sponsored websites, display sponsored web browsers that allow generating pay-per-click revenue, and also gather non-personal information that can help third party advertisers to prepare personalized ads.
It is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox web browsers. Therefore, no matter which one you prefer using, you may experience unwanted modifications anyway. Similarly to other toolbars developed by this company, BetterCareerSearch Toolbar is spread along with free software (download managers, video or music players, PDF creators, etc.). If it manages to get inside, it changes homepage and default search engine, alters your search results and may fill every website with commercial advertisements. Despite the fact that such an activities may annoying and disrupt your web browsing activities, beware that sponsored links and ads are not monitored. In other words, there is no chance of knowing what content you may find hiding behind them. The developer itself warns that the “Content may be offensive, indecent or objectionable in your community.” Therefore, our recommendation would be to avoid browsing until BetterCareerSearch is installed on your machine.
Besides, by using BetterCareerSearch Toolbar, you risk losing personally non-identifiable information, such as website visited, search queries that you typed, ads clicked on, PC’s IP address, email address and so on. Even though gathering such information is not considered dangerous, do not allow implementing such activities without your permission asked in a proper way. If you think that BetterCareerSearch Toolbar is a useful tool that enables access to the best job search engines, salary calculators, and similar things, keep it. However, if you do not prefer receiving sponsored search result, ads, links, and other content, our recommendation is to terminate this toolbar without a delay.
What methods are used for spreading BetterCareerSearch Toolbar?
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of BetterCareerSearch Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove BetterCareerSearch Toolbar from my computer?
We recommend removing BetterCareerSearch Toolbar with a help of a reputable anti-spyware as it will easily detect and remove this hijacker and related files automatically. In case you don’t want to use additional software, follow manual removal guidelines below and remove it manually.
- Uninstall programs that are related to BetterCareerSearch Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for BetterCareerSearch Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (BetterCareerSearch Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.