BitGuard is a potentially unwanted application by PerformerSoft LLC, which may show up on your computer out of nowhere. Users report about discovering unknown process bitguard.exe or the file bitguard.dll because this program spreads in a bundle with freeware and shareware as a free addition. No matter that you may find information that BitGuard can be used for blocking malware and unwanted modifications of browser settings, beware that this program may also initiate several system's changes and cause annoying activity on your computer. If you noticed that your browsers redirect you to Delta Search, Mixi DJ Search, Claro Search and other sites, you should check your PC for the BitGuard. If you want to get rid of this application, follow a guide given at the end of this post.
HOW CAN BitGuard GET INSIDE COMPUTER?
As we have already said, BitGuard is promoted in a bundle with free applications. You can download this program when downloading various download manages, PDF creators and similar software. Those who want to prevent infiltration of this program should simply pay more attention to the installation process of the freeware. In addition, uncheck the checkbox that agrees to download BitGuard and you will avoid it. The clearest sign telling that this program is inside the system is its process (BitGuard.exe) that shows up in the Task Manager. In addition, you may notice that you can't change your browser's settings. Instead of that, you may see the following message:
An attempt to change your default browser search settings has been blocked.
Please, don't leave BitGuard on your computer because it may also cause browser's redirections to unknown websites, system slow downs, commercial pop-up ads and similar problems. To avoid them, follow these instructions:
HOW TO REMOVE BitGuard?
If you want to get rid of BitGuard, follow these steps:
- Uninstall this program via Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for BitGuard, Delta Search, Mixi DJ Search, Claro Search and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- After that, scan the system with updated anti-spyware to make sure that your computer is free of this virus. We recommend using Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus.