Browse-search.com may look like a legitimate search website at first. However, this search engine raises many questions. Firstly, it may appear on your computer screen out of nowhere. If that is the case, it means that your browser has been hijacked. Secondly, your home page and default search engine might be changed to Browse-search.com without your approval. Thirdly, it may track your browsing habits and use this valuable information for dubious commercial reasons. However, the most important thing about this hijacker is that it can hardly display legitimate search results without filling them with tons of advertisements and sponsored messages. It acts this way with the intention to earn easy money from advertising. That is why you may be redirected to some sort of unknown website that is related to this doubtful search website. If Browse-search.com virus has infiltrated your system, you may be completely annoyed by it.
How can Browse-search.com hijack my computer?
Usually, this hijacker is promoted via freewares. It's very easy to install Browse-search.com virus without even noticing it. If you are not attentive enough while installing unfamiliar free programs, you may add this doubtful program as well. Don't worry, if you want to avoid this hijacker, we can give you a couple of helpful recommendations. To begin with, advertisers are using various download clients in order to monetize from free programs. That is why you should be extra careful if you have decided to install an unknown free program. If you want to avoid Browse-search.com redirect virus, you should read end-user license agreement section and select advanced installation option. If you do so, you will have a much greater understanding what program you are installing and you will have an opportunity to opt out of any unwanted application, toolbar, add-on, plug-in that usually are unnoticeable.
How to remove Browse-search.com pop-up virus from my computer?
We have noticed that Browse-search.com may redirect you to very questionable websites. Please be careful and remove this dubious hijacker from your computer. In order to do so, you just need to follow the these instructions:
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to Browse-search.com:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as SafeSaver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, LyricsBuddy-1, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Babylon, BitGuard, BrowserProtect, Gol-Search Chrome Toolbar, Delta Toolbar, Delta Chrome Toolbar, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Restore your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon -> 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for Shopping Helper Object, Babylon IE plugin, etc., and remove these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove Browse-search.com and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select Shopping Helper Object, Babylon, etc., and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate Browse-search.com and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select, Shopping Helper Object, Babylon, etc., and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate Browse-search.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.