BrowseBurst is a program, which was labeled as adware or potentially unwanted program. The most important reason why security vendors have decided to do that is its dubious activities that are mostly initiated behind user's back. In most of the cases, BrowseBurst promises to enhance users' browsing experience by displaying coupons, discounts and comparison deals when they are visiting online stores. Sounds great, right? Unfortunately, we are not so sure about that. If BrowseBurst hijacks browsers, there is a high chance that you will experience all sorts of irritating and distracting advertisements. Besides, it may also initiate annoying redirects, slow down your browsers and initiate similar activities. After a small research we have discovered that this questionable extension belongs to the company, which is called SuperWeb LLC. This company is a well-known developer that has released tens of similar applications that have initiated various discussions on the web. If you noticed BrowseBurst ads on your computer, it means that this program has already infiltrated it.
How can BrowseBurst hijack my computer?
Developers of BrowseBurst often rely on questionable distribution and marketing methods. The most popular method that is used to transmit this useless program to computers is called bundling. Free programs are often bundled with unwanted attachments, such as BrowseBurst virus, so you can easily agree to download them on your computer. In order to avoid that, you should carefully monitor freewares' installation. By the way, after reading the EULA (end-user license agreement) section of this doubtful program, we have spotted a very odd statement: “The Software (BrowseBurst) is supported by various types of advertising displayed in your browser, including, without limitation, search-related ads, banner and video ads, in-text ads and links, transitional, interstitial and full page ads.”. In other words, this program may flood you with tons of irritating advertisements. In order to avoid them, you should stay away from this questionable program. If you noticed BrowseBurst redirects and similar inconveniences, you should follow a guide below:
How to remove BrowseBurst virus?
If this program is annoying you with its advertisements, don't suffer from them. You should remove this useless program from the system as soon as it displays its first ad. Usually, BrowseBurst is hiding in the Add/Remove Programs section. These steps will help you to remove it:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to BrowseBurst:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as BrowseBurst and similar unknown entries.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.