Bundesamt für sicherheit in der informationstechnik virus is considered to be a ransomware-type virus. This virus is closely related to Ukash virus family. Apart from its German name, Bundesamt für sicherheit in der informationstechnik viruss is circulating all over the world in different languages. When system is infected with this ransomware, user may be blocked from accessing his desktop and can hardly do anything on his computer. In addition, the desktop is replaced by a large notification, in which it is stated that victim took part in illegal activities, such as using copyrighted content, distributing viruses or distributing child pornography. Also, this notification may require to pay a predetermined fine via alternative payment system. A lot of people are convinced that this notification is real and legitimate because of its looks. This notification can carry a logo of FBI or other country's law institution and try to convince a person who gets this notification that he/she might be facing criminal charges.
How Bundesamt für sicherheit in der informationstechnik virus infiltrates my computer?
This virus can be added to user's system with trojan infections. You should know that Trojans are often hidden in fake notifications, such as messages about missing updates or extensions, or illegal applications. If user's system is infected with this ransomware virus, he/she is informed that Police has noticed illegal activities on computer and then asked to make a payment via PaySafeCard, Ukash or other alternative payment system:
ACHTUNG! Ihr Computer ist aus einem oder mehreren der unten aufgeführten Gründe gesperrt.
Sie haben gegen das Gesetz über “Urheberrecht und verwandte Schutzrechte” (Video, Musik, Software) verstoßen un unrechtmaßig urheberrechtliche inhalte genutzt, bzw, verbreitet und somit gegen Art. 128 des Strafgesetzbuches der Bundesrepublik Deutschland verstoßen.
Don't be fooled and don't transfer any of your money to no one. If you noticed this or similar kind of notification that requires you to pay a fine for illegal activities, you must ignore it. In addition, if you have any suspicion that Bundesamt für sicherheit in der informationstechnik virus infected your system, you should waste no time and scan it with legitimate anti-spyware software. In addition, take these recommended steps below to get rid of this virus without leaving its malicious components on your computer.
How to remove Bundesamt für sicherheit in der informationstechnik virus?
If you think that Bundesamt für sicherheit in der informationstechnik virus infiltrated your computer, follow these steps in order to remove it from the system:
* Manual Bundesamt für sicherheit in der informationstechnik virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable FBI virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining files.
* Users infected with Bundesamt für sicherheit in der informationstechnik virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Flash drive method:
- Take another machine and use it to download Malwarebytes Malwarebytes, Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
- Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
- In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
- Reboot computer infected with Bundesamt für sicherheit in der informationstechnik virus once more and run a full system scan with updated anti-malware program.