Cairo Search virus is a browser hijacker, which starts initiating havoc during user's browsing sessions as soon as it infects its target PC. While it is not as dangerous as rogue anti-spyware, ransomware or similar threat, it can be blamed for initiating unwanted changes in the start page, new tab page and default search engine on victim's computer. By doing that, hijacker seeks to make people use Claro Search for their browsing sessions. However, you should never trust this search engine if you want to avoid serious viruses on your computer. According to experts, it returns only altered search results that reroute people to those domains that seek to increase their traffic. Besides, it may also start showing unwanted pop-up advertisements and similar things. So, if you have unexpectedly noticed Claro Search on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or other browsers, you should check your PC for the browser hijacker. For that, use updated Reimage.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH CAIRO SEARCH VIRUS?
Cairo Search virus can easily infiltrate poorly protected systems. Seeking this aim, hijacker uses the same methods as other viruses, so it can get inside your machine from illegal website, spam or in a bundle with third party software. When this redirect virus is downloaded, it works on secret system's modifications that result in continuous redirections to unwanted sites. Please, do NOT ignore continuous redirections to Cairo Search because you may end up with more serious viruses. You may be not only redirected to the site that is designed to make revenue for its creators, but you may also be made to click on malicious ad that contains dangerous program.
HOW TO REMOVE CAIRO SEARCH VIRUS?
If you want to get rid of Cairo Search virus, you have to follow these instructions:
In addition, remove malicious entries from Add/Remove Programs list. For that follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Cairo Search and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Finally, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Cairo Search and other entries that are unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Cairo Search and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.