Caribarena virus is a serious cyber infection, which is capable to block computer and then take over the desktop by hiding all icons that can be found on it. Instead of them, users see only a huge notification, which announces 'Your computer has been blocked' and then claims that Caribarena demands $200 for unblocking the system. For that, victim is asked to use a Moneygram prepayment system, which is legitimate, by the way. No matter that it looks scary, you should never follow commands that are listed on misleading alert that belongs to Caribarena virus. Othwewise, you will lose yur money and will also support hackers. Instead of that, you should follow instructions below and unblock your computer. After that, don't forget to remove malicious files that belong to Caribarena virus from the system.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Caribarena virus?
Caribarena virus is distributed by trojan horse, which can hide inside hacked websites, illegal downloads or malicious email attachments. You should be especially careful with these emails because they look really professionally and use names of reputable companies, such as ebay, Fedex or Amazon. Once this trojan enters computer, it locks the system and covers the desktop with such alert:
Your computer has been blocked!
Warning! Your computer has been locked
Caribarena demands $200 to unlock your machine, you can pay by moneygram to the name of “ofer shaked”.
Send us transaction ID on email email@example.com.
We will send you unlock code
Though it looks like this alert was sent by police or other governmental authority, you must ignore it. Caribarena virus is nothing else but a dangerous ransomware, which seeks to swindle $200. If you really want to unlock your computer, you have to follow a detailed guide which is given below:
HOW TO REMOVE Caribarena virus?
Those who are infected with Caribarena virus should stay away from Moneygram and never pay this fine because it doesn't help to unlock computer. For that, follow any of these guides:
Manual Caribarena virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable thisI virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage, Malwarebytes or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security to remove remaining files.
Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Caribarena virus once more and run a full system scan.
If you can't reach Safe Mode, follow these guides:
- Reboot your infected computer.
- Click Start -> Run and enter https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe (if your are blocked by ransomware, press alt+tab and continue entering this address)
- A warning that belongs to ransomware may show up again. In this case, press Alt+Tab and “R” as much as needed.
- Install anti-malware and run a full system scan to remove malicious files from the system.
* Users infected with these ransomware threats are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
Caribarena virus manual removal: