“Ce contenu nécessite la mise à jour 12.2 de Media Player” pop-up notification may appear on your screen out of nowhere and try to trick you. You should not click or agree to install anything that it offers. In this particular case, “Ce contenu nécessite la mise à jour 12.2 de Media Player” pop-up message is targeting French-speaking internet users with this fake update proposition to install Media Player. Unfortunately, this technique is often misused by cyber criminals who are trying to transmit various adwares, potentially unwanted programs and other malicious applications. In fact, it looks like this pop-up notification can be closely related to “This content requires Media Player 12.2 Update” virus. Therefore, if you see such notification, don't click it by any means and scan your computer with legitimate anti-spyware program.
How can “Ce contenu nécessite la mise à jour 12.2 de Media Player” hijack my computer?
As far as we know, “Ce contenu nécessite la mise à jour 12.2 de Media Player” virus may be transmitted with the help of free applications. In other words, this dubious program may hijack your computer right after you install a freeware that had “Ce contenu nécessite la mise à jour 12.2 de Media Player” virus as an extra attachment. Moreover, these fake messages may appear if you are visiting an unsafe website that is trying to trick you and make you install a potentially unwanted program (PUP). So, if you want to update your software, don't use links from questionable websites. Instead, use official and reliable update sources. Furthermore, if you want to avoid “Ce contenu nécessite la mise à jour 12.2 de Media Player” ads, you should be more careful and attentively check every single program that you are willing to install. For that, select advanced or custom installation method and follow the entire process. If you do so, you will have the opportunity to spot these unwanted attachments and unmark them.
How to remove “Ce contenu nécessite la mise à jour 12.2 de Media Player” virus?
You need to find the application/plug-in/add-on/toolbar that is related to “Ce contenu nécessite la mise à jour 12.2 de Media Player” virus and remove it. These instructions will help you to get rid of this useless intruder:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes.
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to “Ce contenu nécessite la mise à jour 12.2 de Media Player”:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, UTUobEAdaBlock, Safe Saver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Trusted Web, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.