ClicknMark is a totally annoying program, which is designed to make people visit affiliate websites and increase their page rank or sales. That's why it displays commercial pop-up notifications, in-text ads, banner ads and similar content, which is filled with various links. If you thought that this program seeks to help you save some money, you should stop doing that. Yes, ClicknMark warns people about discounts, coupons and similar things but it does that only for redirecting them to predetermined sites. Besides, this program can easily track your browsing habits and collect such information as mostly-visited websites and data, which was entered on them. Beware that this program may infiltrate your computer in a bundle with other programs. If ClicknMark virus has already showed up on it, you should waste no time and scan your PC with reliable anti-spyware.
How can ClicknMark infiltrate my computer?
“Ads by ClicknMark” and similarly labeled messages appear on computer as soon as this program, which has been labeled as adware or potentially unwanted program, enters it. In most of the cases, people download such programs thinking that they can improve their browsing experience and help them save some money. However, in most of the cases they end up with a totally annoying program, which displays commercial pop-up ads no matter what website they enter. By the way, there are lots of freewares that have already been involved to ClicknMark virus distribution. That's why we always recommend choosing Custom or Advanced installation when downloading freewares from the web. This option gives people ability to opt out of all potentially unwanted programs, add-ons and extensions. ClicknMark redirects, browser's slow downs and similar things clearly reveal the fact that computer is already affected by such program. In this case, we recommend following a guide given below:
How to remove ClicknMark?
If ClicknMark hijacked each of your browsers, don't waste your time and scan the system with Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus. Also, make sure you complete its removal by following these instructions:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to WebGet virus:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as ClicknMark, LyricsViewer, LyricXeeker, Plus-HD 1.3, LyricsGet, BetterSurf, Downloadkepper, SurfEnchance, Feven 1.7, LyricsWoofer, LyricsFan, SimpleLyricsetc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for ClicknMark and other unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.