Cling Clang is adware, which is closely related to the 'famous' Web Cake, Yontoo and other potentially unwanted applications. It is mostly spread on the Internet with a help of freeware and shareware, so it can easily enter your computer behind your back. As soon as it does that, this program starts altering required system settings and then starts displaying commercial pop-up notifications that typically interrupt victim's search sessions. If you noticed banner ads, intext advertisements, commercial pop-up ads and similar warning messages, you should check your computer for Cling Clang, Webcake and similar adware. It goes without saying that you should also ignore its ads because they may try to make you visit insecure websites and install other programs that belong to 'potentially unwanted programs' category.
How can Cling Clang infiltrate my computer?
In most of the cases, Cling Clang is installed behind user's back. It is typically done with a help of freeware and shareware, so you should always pay more attention to the installation process of such programs. For that we recommend choosing a Custom or Advanced installation method and unchecking these check boxes that typically claim that you agree to install Cling Clang and other freeware on your computer. The clearest sign showing that this program has already infiltrated your computer is a great variety of advertisements that may show up in a form of banner ads, pop-up notifications and in-text advertisements. Please, ignore them and follow these instructions:
How to remove Cling Clang?
If you think that Cling Clang has infiltrated your computer, scan it with one of these programs and remove malicious files from the system: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. Once you finish a scan, follow this guide:
- Uninstall Cling Clang via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Cling Clang and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
TIP: Uninstall these programs as well to get rid of Webcake, RevenueHits for good: LyricsSay-1, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus, Browse2Save, WebCake 3.00, DownloadTerms 1.0, LyricsBuddy-1, SuperLyrics-1, ElectroLyrics-1, a2zLyrics-1, SimpleLyrics,1ClickDownload, Superfish, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom.
- Finally, reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
- Here, look for Cling Clang and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.