What is ClipyHD?
ClipyHD is yet another ad-supported extension that is completely useless. This unwanted program may enter your computer behind your back and completely annoy you. That is the main reason why internet users are assuming that ClipyHD is a virus. Don't worry, this program can barely pose you any threat; however, in order to make sure that your computer is safe enough, you should remove it as soon as possible. The first sign that may indicate about this pesky intruder is ads that are labeled as 'Ads by ClipyHD', 'Powered by ClipyHD', 'ClipyHD Deals', 'ClipyHD ads', 'Brought by ClipyHD' and 'Ads not by this site'. In fact, this potentially unwanted program may work in the background of your system and use your computer's power. So, if you see ClipyHD ads, you should remove this program before any further damage is done.
How can ClipyHD hijack my computer?
It looks like this adware travels as an additional attachment together with freewares and sharewares. Usually, adwares and potentially unwanted programs have their download websites; however, we have not managed to find one. So, if you want to avoid ClipyHD ads, you should avoid downloading unfamiliar freewares from doubtful download websites. Keep in mind that if such adware may easily enter your computer, it means that even more dangerous cyber threat may enter your computer as well. Therefore, consider installing a reliable security tool that should protect you from various intruders, adwares, and even viruses. Besides, if you are going to install a questionable program, you should choose 'advanced' installation option and follow the entire process. Along the way unmark such unwanted attachments as ClipyHD virus.
How to remove ClipyHD virus from my computer?
If this pesky intruder is already in your system, follow these instructions and get rid of ClipyHD virus.
- Scan your computer with a reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security.
- Remove ClipyHD from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as ClipsyHD, Coinis Downloader, SaverAddon, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove ClipyHD extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as ClipyHD and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries, such as ClipyHD and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional):
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions like ClipyHD and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.