Clkmon.com is a potentially unwanted website, which may appear in a form of continuous pop-up ads. Besides, it may affect your start page, default search engine or new tab page on all web browsers that are installed on the system. When trying to get inside its target PC, it relies on freeware and shareware, that is usually filled with optional conditions. We know that PC users don't tend to monitor License Agreement, optional downloads and conditions when they decide to install such program on their computers. However, Clkmon.com is a clear example that they should start doing that. Beware that this site not only shows annoying pop-up advertisements, but it may also track your browsing habits or simply redirect you to its related site. If you suffer from Clkmon.com pop-ups, you should check the system with updated anti-spyware and make sure that it's free of viruses.
WHY DO I SEE POP-UP ADS FROM Clkmon.com?
As it has been said, Clkmon.com may start appearing on your browsers after downloading and installing freeware/shareware on your computer. If you need such software, you should carefully monitor each of its installation windows and unclick unwanted entries. If Clkmon.com gets inside the system, it will start appearing on all Internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. If you ignore it, soon you can notice that you can't browse normally because this site initiates annoying redirections, shows continuous alerts and makes you visit unwanted sites. Technically, Clkmon.com is not a virus but it ahs to be eliminated from the system if you want to fix your PC. Follow a guide given below in order to remove Clkmon.com from the system:
HOW to get rid of clkmon.com?
If you want to get rid of Clkmon.com redirects, you should start its removal by eliminating it from Add/Remove Programs list. For that follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Clkmon.com and similar unknown entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Finally, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Clkmon.com and other entries that may be unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Clkmon.com and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions. Here, look for Clkmon.com extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- Click on wench icon, go to settings and choose 'Manage search engines'. Change search engine to google or other. Then Go to section “On start” and make sure you get blank page while creating new tab.
Finally, run a full system scan to make sure that your machine is free of malicious programs. Try using Reimage for that.