What is Content Blocked Sopa Pipa?
Content Blocked Sopa Pipa is a serious computer infection, which is attributed to the ransomware category. The virus is distributed using spam email attachments and exploit kits. It is specifically aimed at extorting money from computer users by encrypting the data that is kept on their computers and demanding them to pay the fine in order to decrypt them. Once installed, Content Blocked Sopa Pipa virus uses RSA-2048 encryption, which means that it adds a combination of six digits to the prefix of each file. In most of the cases, such types of files, including .jpg, .ppt, .doc, .xls, .cdr, .txt, are encrypted. Besides, the ransomware creates files, which may be named as How_Decrypt.txt, How_Decrypt.url or How_Decrypt.html, in every folder, which contains a corrupted date. Right after that, Content Blocked Sopa Pipa ransomware generates an alert , which is supposedly brought by International Police Association, claiming that the user has broken the law by downloading illegal MP3’s, movie and software files and that he/she now has to pay the fine in order to restore personal information that has been compromised. Usually, Content Blocked Sopa Pipa alert looks like that:
Warning! You have a computer found pirated content! All your files are encrypted! To decrypt files you need hxxp://stp.lixter.com visit the site and follow the instructions posted on it. Your id 968254 You can enter a password 5 times. Above this limit, all files will be deleted! Independent attempts to decrypt the data can lead to their loss.
For decrypting the files, the user is usually asked to pay 50 Euro or 10 Euros if paid in Bitcoins or Webmoney using Ukash or PaysafeCard. However, you should not blindly believe that after paying the fine you will receive a key for decrypting the data. You may not only pay the money for a fake key, but may even disclose your credit card details to online scammers. Therefore, if Content Blocked Sopa Pipa virus infiltrates your computer, you should better use backups of your files and scan your computer with a reputable anti-spyware. Our recommended programs are: Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego (Window OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Mac OS X).
How can Content Blocked Sopa Pipa hijack my computer?
Keep in mind that Content Blocked Sopa Pipa from International Police Association alerts are a scam. Therefore, even if a very important data on your computer has been encrypted, do not pay the fine as you may give away your money to cyber criminals. If you want to protect your computer from such and similar infections, we highly recommend you to ignore suspicious email messages. Cyber criminals may seduce people to open infected email attachments claiming that they have been delivered by law enforcement institutions, banks, and similar authorities. In addition to that, avoid clicking on pop-up alerts offering you to check your computer or to update software (Java, Flash Player, Media Player, etc.) for free. Of course, the best way to protect your computer from various cyber threats is to install a reputable anti-spyware and keep it up-to-date.
How to remove Content Blocked Sopa Pipa virus?
When trying to remove Content Blocked Sopa Pipa virus, you have to unlock your computer first. In order to get the ability to check the infected computer with a reputable anti-malware, follow these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, Malwarebytes or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with FBI Paypal virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Content Blocked Sopa Pipa virus are allowed to access another account on Windows. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable of launching anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select ‘Deny’: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Content Blocked Sopa Pipa virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to ‘Safe mode with command prompt’ to disable Content Blocked Sopa Pipa virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego to remove remaining Content Blocked Sopa Pipa virus files. You can also try scanning with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
* Content Blocked Sopa Pipa virus removal from Android OS:
1. Reboot your Android device into Safe Mode:
- Find the power button and press it for a couple of seconds until you see a menu. Tap the Power off.
- Once you see a dialog window that offers you to reboot your Android to Safe Mode, select this option and OK.
If this failed to work for you, just turn off your device and then turn it on. Once it becomes active, try pressing and holding Menu, Volume Down, Volume Up or Volume Down and Volume Up together to see Safe Mode.
2. Uninstall malicious app (Content Blocked Sopa Pipa may hide under BaDoink, Video Player, Network Driver System, Video Render, ScarePakage and other suspicious names):
- When in Safe Mode, go to Settings. Once there, click on Apps or Application manager (this may differ depending on your device).
- Here, look for previously mentioned malicious app(s) and uninstall all of them.
If this failed, enter a random, 15 digit length, code of imaginary MoneyPak xpress Packed voucher that is asked by Content Blocked Sopa Pipa virus or follow these steps:
- Go to Settings -> Security. Here, select Device administrators.
- Here, look for previously mentioned malicious app(s) and uncheck it
- In order to finish the removal of FBI Paypal virus, select Deactivate and OK.
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer various losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Software issues created by malware or direct data loss due to encryption can lead to problems with your device or permanent damage. When you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work.
It is crucial to create updates to your backups after any changes on the device, so you can get back to the point you were working on when malware changes anything or issues with the device causes data or performance corruption. Rely on such behavior and make file backup your daily or weekly habit.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware occurs out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the system restoring purpose.