What is ContextTrue?
ContextTrue ads and deals may appear on your computer's screen out of nowhere, negatively affect your Internet browser and force you to see irritating advertisements. Besides, if you are thinking to install this doubtful program, you should carefully think if you want to do that. ContextTrue is yet another adware-type program that can barely give anything useful in return. This dubious program may hide in your system as an attachment for your browser and generate intrusive advertisements on every website that you are going to visit. We have noticed that similar adwares may display ads with tempting headlines in order to draw your attention and to make you click such ads. However, it is hard to tell what may hide behind ContextTrue ads. It is highly recommended avoid clicking these ads and remove this program as soon as you have noticed it on your computer.
How can ContextTrue hijack my computer?
ContextTrue virus may use various unfair tactics in order to enter your computer. This program may be promoted as a useful free extension for your browser. As you can imagine, majority of freewares are supported by advertising, they travel bundled with adwares and they may track your browsing habits for commercial purposes. That is why you need to be very careful if you are going to download a free program. You computer's safety is entirely in your hands; therefore, you should protect it by any means necessary. Your first line of defence should be a reliable and updated security tool. Anti-spyware program should block such intruders and prevent them from entering your computer. What is more, ContextTrue virus may travel bundled with free programs. Therefore, you should carefully check every single program that you are willing to install. Follow the installation process by selecting 'advanced' or 'custom' installation option and unmark all doubtful attachments along the way.
How to remove ContextTrue virus from my computer?
If you do not want to get redirected to some unsafe website, you should avoid clicking ContextTrue ads. Follow these simple guidelines, submitted by our security experts and prevent ContextTrue redirects from ruining your browsing experience.
- Scan your computer with a reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security.
- Remove ContextTrue from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as ContextTrue, or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Check your browsers that make sure if ContextTrue is not hiding there (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as ContextTrue and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries, such as ContextTrue and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional):
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions like ContextTrue and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.