General information about ConvertBox Toolbar:
MS Products are exposed to various security issues, and should be regarded as unsecure […] may be exposed to unauthorized access, interception, corruption, damage or misuse, and should be regarded as insecure. You accept all responsibility for such security risks and any damage resulting therefrom. […] MS shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss […]
What is more, this doubtful application might collect information about you. Just study these statements:
We may collect information from you that may identify you, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number and anonymous Information, such as the number of your page views, link clicks, and login times. […] We may share your information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf […] we may share information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes […]
As you can see, this application initiates several suspicious activities, and it is a debatable topic whether this toolbar has more advantages or disadvantages. You should consider whether you are willing to share information about your browsing preferences or face dubious redirects to untrustworthy websites.
How can I install ConvertBox Toolbar?
ConvertBox app has its official website, and you can download it from there. However, some users claim that this program has appeared on their computers out of nowhere. However, this is not realistic and programs cannot appear on your PC out of nowhere. If you notice some never-seen apps on your PC, it indicates that you tend to install free programs without paying enough attention to installation setup. Remember that you should not click ‘Next’ and ‘I agree’ buttons before reading all information provided. Some free programs suggest to try new applications for free, but you can always refuse to install them. For that, you should always opt for Advanced or Custom installation method and opt-out the suggestions to install additional software.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of ConvertBox toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove this program?
If you want to uninstall this program manually, follow these removal guidelines:
- Uninstall programs that are related to ConvertBox from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for ConvertBox Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (ConvertBox Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.