Can I install ConvertDocsNow Toolbar on my computer?
ConvertDocsNow is a toolbar that promises to “convert PDF files to and from DOC files, as well as over 20 other document and image formats.” However, once installed, it may take control over your web browser by replacing default start page, search provider, and a new tab page with search.tb.ask.com, home.tb.ask.com or myway.com. As soon as such modifications are initiated, this toolbar may start monitoring your online sessions and may accumulate your search terms, visited websites, clicks, PC’s IP address, PC’s location, email address, and so on. Such data may later be transmitted to other third parties in order to help them improve their popularity and sales. Unfortunately, but it seems that this program may also collect your personally identifiable information. If you can’t believe this, you should check the EULA of this program that claims:
MS, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
In addition to the data collection, you should also beware of ConvertDocsNow Toolbar redirect issue. The issue of redirects is widely discussed all over the Internet and the users of this and other toolbars are warned on a daily basis of the risk of exposing your computer to unsafe websites. Once Ask or MyWay is set as your default start page and search provider, you may be provided with altered search results filled with sponsored links.
How can ConvertDocsNow Toolbar appear on my computer?
ConvertDocsNow Toolbar can be installed on your computer just like any other freeware. You can find it either on its official site or other download resource, such as Cnet, Softonic, Download, Soft32, etc. However, beware of myway and other programs that may be added to this toolbar for free. The main reason why people fall for installing software packages so easily is that they do not tend to investigate Advanced/Custom settings that usually inform about ‘optional downloads’ and allow deselecting them. Usually, they rely on a Quick or Basic installation and hit the Next button all the time, which usually leads to inadvertent installation of unwanted apps. Therefore, whenever you decide to install a freeware, select a proper installation option and monitor the entire process carefully.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of ConvertDocsNow Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove ConvertDocsNow?
ConvertDocsNow Toolbar removal may be performed manually and automatically. If you want to fix your computer ultimately, you should follow these steps:
- Uninstall programs that are related to ConvertDocsNow Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for ConvertDocsNow Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (ConvertDocsNow, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.