CoolPopularGames is a program that is presented as “the best Chrome New Tab for gaming.” For some computer users, it might seem like a useful tool to quickly access various gaming websites with just one click. Notwithstanding the beautiful presentation of this program, we have noticed that some users complain about this program. We have also been requested to prepare a removal guide for it, as some PC users do not know how to remove this application properly. If you just want to find the removal guide, jump to page 2. If you are interested how this application works, continue reading below.
MS Products may provide access to search results or other links to Third Party Partner websites or resources.
However, you should be aware of these sponsored links, and you should NOT click on them. The developer of this program also discloses that there might be possible dangers of exploring third-party content:
MS has no control over such sites and resources […] MS Products are exposed to various security issues, and should be regarded as unsecure. By accepting this Agreement, you acknowledge and accept that the MS Products and any information you download or offer to share by means of an MS Product, may be exposed to unauthorized access, interception, corruption, damage or misuse, and should be regarded as insecure. […] You agree to accept all risks associated with the use of any Content […]
Such statements reveal that this program is related to third-party companies and that it might advertise them via Cool Popular Games Toolbar. However, keep in mind that some third-party companies or the websites that belong to them might be untrustworthy, and that is why it is recommended NOT to browse content on such sites. We have also noticed that CoolPopularGames might slow down your system’s performance. Do you want such things to happen? We highly doubt it. If you wish to remove this program, use the CoolPopularGames removal guide that we have provided on page 2.
How can CoolPopularGames Toolbar get into my computer system?
While it is possible to download this application from its official website, it is more likely that you might be offered to install it together with another free application that you download by your wish. CoolPopularGames app might be spread with other freeware and presented as a ‘recommended download.’ Commonly, such recommendations are provided on software’s installation setup, behind ‘Advanced’ or ‘Custom’ installation settings. You should always opt for these settings. Then, you can adjust the software components and refuse to install these ‘recommended programs’ if you want.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of CoolPopularGames Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to get rid of this toolbar?
Removing CoolPopularGames software is not that difficult. All you need is to carefully follow these steps below to remove it:
- Uninstall programs that are related to CoolPopularGames Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for CoolPopularGames Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (CoolPopularGames, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.