CoupExtension ads and deals may bother you and pop-up on every website that you are going to visit. These annoying ads are caused by a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Don't worry, similar adwares (programs that are supported by advertising) are infecting hundreds of people every single day. CoupExtension is not a malicious infection; however, it sure can act like one and totally ruin your internet surfing experience. Besides, usually such adwares may use tracking cookies and track what websites you visit, what search queries you type and similar browsing history. Normally, this information is later transferred to third-parties or various advertisers with the intention to use it for commercial purposes. However, there have been cases, where such information is misused in order to make money from various scams.
How can CoupExtension hijack my computer?
CoupExtension virus is a bit different from regular adwares. This ad-supported extension has not got a direct download link. Therefore, it looks like it only travels as an additional attachment together with freewares. Moreover, after this dubious application infiltrates your computer, it may randomly modify its name into COOupExtenSSion, CoupExtensIIon, CouppEExtension, CouipeExtanSSione, CcoupExtenSSioN, etc. It acts this way in order to make it difficult for you to spot it on your computer and remove it. Most noticeable symptom, which indicated that this dubious extension has already infected your computer, is CoupExtension ads. If you see these annoying ads, you should check your recently installed programs and remove the most suspicious ones, such as Download Manager, HD Video Streamer, Coupon Finder, etc.
How to remove CoupExtension from my computer?
In order to prevent similar infiltrations in the future, you should always check what programs you are installing. CoupExtension virus may travel as an attachment; therefore, unmark all doubtful additions when installing unfamiliar freewares. CoupExtension redirects are not the worst think that could happen if you let this dubious program enter your computer. Furthermore, this questionable extension may create its backup files in your Program Files folder in order to boot every time when you start your computer. These simple steps should help you to solve this problem.
- Remove CoupExtension from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as CoupExtension, COOupExtennsionS, CaupEXtensioN, SaverAddon, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as CoupExtension.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.