CustomSearchPlus.com is yet another questionable search engine that is promoted in various unfair ways. First of all, this search engine is labeled as a browser hijacker that may appear as your home page and as your default search engine behind your back. In fact, if CustomSearchPlus.com hijacks your browser, you may see additional advertisements in your search results. This program is capable of filling your search results with intrusive ads and other questionable links. Besides, your search results may be altered. CustomSearchPlus.com virus acts this way in order to redirect its victims to sponsored websites and to make money from doing so. Because of these questionable activities, many people are assuming that CustomSearchPlus.com is a virus. Usually, this program can barely pose you any threat. However, it can ruin your browsing experience or even redirect you to an unsafe website.
How can CustomSearchPlus.com hijack my computer?
This hijacker usually uses other freewares for its distribution. That is why you have to be very careful and check every single program that you want to install. In fact, if you are installing a freeware, which is related to this dubious search engine/hijacker, you should be given the option to decline this unwanted modification to your browser. However, for that, you have to follow the entire installation attentively and unmark all suspicious toolbars, add-ons, extensions and propositions to change/modify your browser. CustomSearchPlus.com virus may enter your computer behind your back; therefore, always keep your guard up. If you are installing an unfamiliar freeware, choose 'advanced' or 'custom' installation option in order to spot such hijackers. We also recommend scanning your computer with an anti-spyware program in order to make sure whether you computer has not got any other questionable intruders. If you have even the slightest suspicion that CustomSearchPlus.com virus may hide in your system, follow the removal instruction.
How to remove CustomSearchPlus.com virus from my computer?
If you see CustomSearchPlus.com ads, you have to remove this intruder from your Add/Remove Programs folder and clean all of your browsers. Don't let CustomSearchPlus.com redirect you to a dangerous website. Act now and eliminate this potential threat. These guidelines will help you.
- You should also scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. For that, we recommend using Reimage, SpyHunterCombo Cleaner or Malwarebytes Malwarebytes.
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to CustomSearchPlus.com:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as CustomSearch+ Home and Search (Publisher: BeeStripe), CustomSearch, MySearch, SW_Booster, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Restore your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon → 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries and remove them.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove CustomSearchPlus.com and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' → 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select unfamiliar add-ons and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate CustomSearchPlus.com and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select suspicious extensions and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' → 'On startup' section → 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate CustomSearchPlus.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon → 'Settings' → 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.