Cyber Command of California virus is a dangerous ransomware, which is actively spread in California right now. According to the latest news, this virus has lots of different versions that all use names according to the State they are going to infect. So, if you live in New York, you can expect Cyber Command of New York virus on your computer. As soon as such virus attacks computer, it immediately locks it down. Besides, it takes over the desktop and starts showing its huge alert instead. Of course, this warning officially reports about various crimes that were initiated on the Internet by the victim. If you see an alert that claims that you were illegally using copyrighted content, visited illegal websites and initiated similar activities, you must scan your machine with updated anti-spyware right away. Otherwise, you won't have ability to use your computer as previously.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Cyber Command of California virus?
Cyber Command of California virus is distributed in the same way as FBI virus, PCeU virus and other ransomwares. You can get infected with it if you like using copyrighted content, visit illegal sites (such as the ones that are filled with adult content) or tend to open emails that were sent by unknown senders. For avoiding Cyber Command of California virus, also make sure that you have the latest version of anti-spyware on your computer. If this threat infiltrated your machine, you can expect several things: it can block down your computer and then display this fake alert about your crimes. Here's how it looks:
USA Cyber Crime Investigations
Cyber Command of California
Your computer has been blocked up for safety reasons listed below.
You are accused of viewing/storage and/or dissemination of banned pornography (child pornography/zoophilia/rape etc). You have violated World Declaration on non-proliferation of child pornography.
You are accused of committing the crime envisaged by Article 161 of United States of America criminal law.
The penalty set must be paid in course of 48 hours as of the breach. On expiration of the term, 48 hours that follow will be used for automatic collection of data on yourself and your misconduct, and criminal case wilt be opened against you. Amount of firm is 300$. You can settle the fine with MoneyPak or MoneyGram xpress Packet vouchers.
Please, ignore this warning because it is used by cyber criminals for the only thing – swindle the money from unaware PC users. Besides, you should also remove Cyber Command of California virus from the system because it will keep blocking you with this fake alert.
HOW TO REMOVE Cyber Command of California virus?
If you are one of these PC users, who got infected with this ransomware, you must ignore its fake alert and never pay a $300 fine for unlocking computer. We recommend that because our team tried this Cyber Command of California virus removal method and it failed. There's no surprise, scammers seek the only thing – to swindle the money. For removing the lock from your computer and eliminating malicious files that belong to Cyber Command of California virus for good, you should follow these steps:
- Reboot your infected computer.
- Click Start -> Run and enter https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe (if your are blocked by ransomware, press alt+tab and continue entering this address)
- A warning that belongs to ransomware may show up again. In this case, press Alt+Tab and “R” as much as needed.
- Install anti-malware and run a full system scan to remove malicious files from the system.
Manual Cyber Command of California virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable thisI virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes to remove remaining files.
Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Cyber Command of California virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with these ransomware threats are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.