Departamento Para Combater O Cibercrime virus is a dangerous ransomware, which has been previously distributed as Polícia de Segurança Pública Portuguesa virus. Note that these two ransomwares act identically and use the same notification, which covers entire PC's desktop and locks it down as soon as they enter it. This bogus alert includes such tricky details as computer's IP address, location and windows version, and displays a huge list of laws that have been 'violated' by the user. Please, don't fall for this scam alert because such governmental authorities as the Department of Cybercrime use more professional methods when trying to punish their victims. Clearly, Departamento Para Combater O Cibercrime virus is set for the only thing – swindle the money from its victims that live in Portugal. You should never follow its commands.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Departamento Para Combater O Cibercrime virus?
Departamento Para Combater O Cibercrime virus attacks the system with a help of trojan horse. As soon as it gets inside the PC, it modifies some of its settings and locks down the system. In addition, it displays a huge notification that hides everything what can be found on the desktop and reports: 'Atenção! O computador foi bloqueado por violar as leis de Portugal'. If you see such alert, that accuses you for violating several laws of Portugal and asks to pay the fine of 100 euro, you should never take it seriously. In addition, you should never pay this fine because you will lose your money. Save it and remove Departamento Para Combater O Cibercrime virus from the system as soon as possible.
HOW TO REMOVE Departamento Para Combater O Cibercrime virus?
In order to remove Departamento Para Combater O Cibercrime virus, you have to unlock your computer at first. For that, you should firstly check whether you can reboot your computer to safe mode with networking and safe mode with command prompt. In addition, follow these instructions:
- Take another computer and download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program with it.
- Update the program and put it into your USB drive or simply burn a CD disk.
- While the CD burns or USB drive get's the information, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with Command Prompt (by pressing F8 on boot) and then stick the prepared USB drive or put the CD disk in it.
- Reboot the infected computer once more and run a full system scan with the program you downloaded.
* Users infected with Departamento Para Combater O Cibercrime virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Departamento Para Combater O Cibercrime virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable the virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated SpyHunterCombo Cleaner or Reimage to remove remaining virus files.