What is Dezipper?
From the first glimpse, Dezipper Toolbar might appear as a handy tool since it is promoted as a browser-bound archiving app that is supposed to zip and unzip compressed files. However, no one warns that it may initiate various annoying activities during people’s browsing.
The MS Products may integrate, be integrated into, bundled, or be provided in connection with third-party services, feeds, and/or content. […] You hereby acknowledge and agree that by using an MS Product you may be exposed to Content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable in your community. You agree to accept all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of such Content. Under no circumstances will MS be liable in any way for any Content created by or originating with entities other than MS […].
We automatically collect information from your computer and/or device when you use the MS Services. This information may include your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the keyword query, search query text, search results clicked, pages viewed, search history, the content of any undeleted cookies, software installed upon and/or devices connected to your computer and/or device, and the referring website address.
As you can see, this program collects information about you and your activities on the Internet. Think about it – do you really want to share such data with suspicious sources?
How is Dezipper app spread?
Dezipper Toolbar is a legitimate application that has been installed by many PC users. Unfortunately, the majority of them complain that they have installed the app without realizing that. Why?
- Select Advanced/Custom installation option;
- Follow the entire process step-by-step and unmark checkboxes that contain ‘additional components,’ such as Dezipper Toolbar. If you do not want to change your browser’s main page, you should also unmark check boxes that suggest replacing your homepage.
However, if you have already spotted Dezipper Toolbar software on your computer, and if you have decided that you do not need it, you can remove it using the removal guidelines that we have prepared for you. You can find them on page 2.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of MyScrapNook toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove it?
To remove this application, please follow these guidances:
- Uninstall programs that are related to Dezipper Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for Dezipper and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (Dezipper Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.
Finally, we recommend scanning the computer with a reputable anti-spyware. This will let you make sure that your computer is free of this program.