HD Total pop-ups that typically appear when users are surfing the web may indicate that their computers were affected by an adware-type program. This potentially unwanted program may hijack each of your web browsers and initiate additional pop-ups, in-text ads, full page ads, search engine ads, and other notifications that are filled with sponsored links. Although HD Total is not a significant threat itself, it can cause a lot of serious troubles. Sometimes by clicking on one of these pop-ups, user may be redirected to unsafe or even virus-infected website. In addition, HD Total may also be set to collect one's browsing habits and other private information in order to use this data for commercial reasons. So, you should be very careful with such extensions, add-ons and plugins because they can easily start manipulating your browsing experience. If you think that HD Total infiltrated your PC, we recommend removing it as soon as possible.
How can HD Total hijack my PC?
Similarly to HD-Total-1.1, HD Total infiltrates the system when people are installing a free program/game/app from an unknown source. This questionable and unfair distribution method is called bundling. In order to avoid unwelcomed downloads, people should be very careful when downloading and installing unfamiliar free programs. We highly advice reading the terms of agreement section before any installation. Users should also select advanced installation method and follow the entire process step by step. Doing both of these things will help to understand what program he/she is installing and what comes attached to it. Sometimes HD Total virus may infiltrate your computer unnoticed, don't worry, stay calm, we will help you to remove this unwanted intruder.
How to remove HD Total from my computer?
In order to remove HD Total from the system, you should follow these steps:
- Uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for HD Total, HD Total 1.1, RemoveThaeAdAopp, UTUobEAdaBlock, SafeSaver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, YHD-Total-1.1 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, Re-markit and other recently installed freeware.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.
After you remove this potentially unwanted plug-in from your system, you should also scan your computer with reliable anti-malware tool. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes Malwarebytes or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security.