DictAddon is a potentially unwanted program, which can be downloaded from the Internet. In most of the cases, people download it unconsciously because it is actively spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware. As soon as it enters its target PC system, DictAddon begins displaying its ads on all web browsers that are installed on this computer. One of the clearest signs that your PC was affected is continuous banner ads and commercial notifications that promote doubtful products and services. If you noticed them, check your computer with updated anti-spyware and remove DictAddon from the system. Otherwise, you may notice browser's slow downs and redirections to insecure websites.
HOW CAN DictAddon APPEAR ON MY COMPUTER?
DictAddon is usually distributed in a bundle with freeware and shareware. No matter that this program is available at many download websites, the biggest amount of PC users download this app as an advertised browser extension. At the moment of writing, you can download it in a bundle with File Opener Pro, SpeeditupFree and YTDownloader. In order to avoid this potentially unwanted program, you need to start paying more attention to the entire freeware's installation process and uncheck these check boxes that say that you agree to install DictAddon. If you got tricked and downloaded this addon, follow a guide below and remove it:
HOW TO REMOVE DictAddon?
No matter that DictAddon should never be called a virus, it can initiate various problems. That's why we recommend uninstalling this program from the system:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for DictAddon and similar entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall DictAddon and other unknown extensions.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find DictAddon and similar entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find DictAddon and other unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.