Should I use DownSpeedTest Toolbar?
DownSpeedTest Toolbar is promoted as a tool that can check your Internet speed and provide with the accurate results. However, we recommend you to think twice before installing it because you may find out that there is nothing positive related to this program. It seems that DownSpeedTest is closely related to the search engine called myway.com. Therefore, once you install this toolbar on your computer, you may find it instead of your start page and the default search engine. Besides, every time you try to open a new tab window, you may be redirected to mayway.com as well. That’s why this toolbar has officially been listed as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Even though this search site is legitimate, it’s not recommended using as a substitute for Google, Bing or Yahoo! because it may deliver sponsored search results filled with links to third party partner domains. To avoid DownSpeedTest Toolbar redirect and similar activities, you should remove this toolbar from your computer.
To prevent this, we highly recommend you to remove DownSpeedTest Toolbar from the system right away.
How can I download this toolbar to my computer?
As you have probably heard, the company that has developed DownSpeedTest Toolbar is responsible for the appearance of tens of similar toolbars. Each of them shares the same features and promotes myway, Ask and other search engines that are supported by advertising. That’s why we recommend avoiding these toolbars. You can install DownSpeedTest on your computer via its official website. However, if you are not attentive enough, you may end up with the search engine that you don’t want. To prevent this, always check Advanced and Custom installation mode when installing this and similar programs. After doing so, deselect ‘optional components’ no matter how useful they may seem.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of DownSpeedTest Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove DownSpeedTest Toolbar?
As you can see, DownSpeedTest Toolbar can cause various issues on your computer. Therefore, we highly recommend you to get rid of it without any delay. It can be eliminated manually with the help of this guide:
- Uninstall programs that are related to DownSpeedTest Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for DownSpeedTest Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (DownSpeedTest Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.