What is Eakona Updater?
Eakona Updater is one of those programs that shouldn't be labeled 'virus'. However, you should think twice before you download this program on your computer because it has been reported to be an extremely annoying and aggressive application. When Eakona Updater enters computer, it hijacks each of web browsers and starts causing continuous pop-up ads, redirects and similar inconveniences. In most of the cases, it promotes related services and sites. However, it may also offer you to download a fake update for Java, Flash Player or similar application. In addition, this potentially unwanted program may also start slowing computer's work and collect various non-identifiable information. No matter that its developer guarantees that Eakona Updater can't collect such sensitive data as people's passwords, loggins and bank information, you should still be very careful with this program. We recommend uninstalling Eakona Updater from the system without wasting the time.
How can Eakona Updater hijack my computer?
Eakona Updater can be downloaded on the system from various websites, such as cnet, download and other sites. There, it is presented as a totally useful application that can provide additional functions on your computer and web browser applications. However, as we have already said, you should think before installing it on the system. In addition, Eakona Updater virus may infiltrate your computer unnoticed because it is spread by various third party programs. You may install it on the system in a bundle with download managers, PDF creators and similar software. In order to prevent infiltration of this program, you should remember that Custom or Advanced installation is the only option that can give you ability to opt out of such 'free additions' as Eakona Updater virus, so you should definitely use it.
How to remove Eakona Updater virus?
Technically, Eakona Updater is not a virus. However, it has lots of negative features that have already been reported by tens of PC users. In order to avoid annoying pop-up ads, slow downs and similar things when browsing on the web, you should remove this program. For that you can use these steps:
- Scan your computer with a reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes.
- Remove Eakona Updater from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Eakona Updater.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove Eakona Updater extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional):
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.