EasyPhotoEdit Toolbar is a browser extension, which should not be deemed as a reliable or safe one. In fact, computer security experts advise staying clear of this browser add-on. There are several reasons for that.
Reasons why you should not rely on EasyPhotoEdit Toolbar:
We may collect information from you that may identify you, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number and anonymous Information, such as the number of your page views, link clicks, and login times. […]
This information may include your IP address, your browser type and language and other browser-related information, a time-stamp, the keyword query, search query text, search results clicked, pages viewed, search history […]
As you can see, EasyPhotoEdit Toolbar software tracks particular information about your browsing habits, e.g., your browsing history, search queries, clicks, and other similar information. What is more, it uses such information to “Respond to your queries with the best possible answers and search results” and to “Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others.” In other words, this toolbar might send ads or display sponsored search results via the search engine that it provides, and this content might be filled with hyperlinks that can make you visit third-party websites. We firmly recommend you to avoid third-party websites, because they might present insecure content or provide download links of untrustworthy programs. If you do not want to see any ads coming from the discussed application and if you do not wish to use the search engine that it provides, you can remove EasyPhotoEdit Toolbar app from your PC using a removal guide, which is given on page 2.
How can you install EasyPhotoEdit Toolbar?
Usually, computer users claim that they cannot remember installing this software. It might be that it is distributed together with other free applications and presented as a recommended program. You may end up with this or another program that you were not willing to install if you tend to select Default or Standard installation option when installing new programs. Be aware of the fact that these settings include pre-selected agreements to place additional programs on your PC. To deselect these agreements, opt for Advanced or Custom installation settings.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we should not do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of EasyPhotoEdit Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to uninstall EasyPhotoEdit Toolbar?
If you feel that you do not want to keep this application on your computer anymore, you can easily remove it using this EasyPhotoEdit Toolbar removal guide:
- Uninstall programs that are related to EasyPhotoEdit Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for EasyPhotoEdit Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (EasyPhotoEdit Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.