Europol Interpol virus is one of the latest ransomwares that are set to attack German-speaking countries. When you are infected with this threat, you can't get on the Internet or use your programs and files. Instead of that, you see a huge notification 'Ihr Internet Service Provider blockiert', which reports about illegal online activities. Typically, it claims that users has initiated the distribution of copyrighted content, pornographic material and malware. Please, don't believe this alert because it's just the Europol Interpol virus, which uses reputable names of governmental authorities to scare you. In addition, it asks paying the fine of 100 euro and remove the lock from the system. If you think that money will help you to solve this issue, you are really wrong. For that, you should use spiciffic instructions that are given below:
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Europol Interpol virus?
Europol Interpol virus is spread by trojan horse, which can easily download malicious viruses on computer if you don't pay enough attention to it's protection. As soon as this ransomware virus gets on its target PC, it block the system down. As a result, this scam starts showing its huge alert, which includes various details, such as user's IP address, location and others. Before you fall for this alert, be sure that Europol Interpol virus is trying to convince its unsuspecting PC users that they must pay the fine of 100 Euro if they want to avoid getting into jail. In reality, these organizations don't rely on such methods when they need to punish their criminals. Please, ignore this scam alert and remove Eurpol Interpol virus from the PC.
HOW TO REMOVE Europol Interpol virus?
When trying to remove Europol Interpol virus, you have to unblock your PC. For that, follow these steps to unlock your computer and launch anti-spyware. Note that if you use Windows 8, you may also need this guide: How to start Safe Mode on Windows 8
Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Europol Interpol virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Europol Interpol virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Europol Interpol virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable thisI virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining files.