Extra Savings is a very questionable application for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. This program may initiate many unwanted activities behind your back and flood you with annoying advertisements every time when you open your browser. In fact, if you read the end-user license agreement (EULA) section of this questionable application, you may find a couple of odd statements about private information, tracking cookies and third-party advertisements. If this information does not discourage you from downloading Extra Savings, there is yet one more major flaw that this program has. If you add Extra Savings to your system, it may negatively affect your internet browser and cause it to work more slowly.
How can Extra Savings hijack my computer?
Adwares, potentially unwanted programs and similar useless applications usually travel bundled with various freewares and sharewares. Extra Savings virus is not an exception, therefore, it uses similar distribution methods. Moreover, this program is promoted as a useful extension for your internet browser that will display coupons and comparison deals every time when you visit an online store. However, you should not fall for this cheap trick. You should also be very careful and avoid downloading free programs from unfamiliar websites. Check every single program that you are willing to install and try to find hidden attachments. If you notice something similar to Extra Savings virus, unmark this attachment without any hesitation and continue with the installation.
How to remove Extra Savings from my computer?
If Extra Savings ads are bothering you every time when you start your browsing session, you need to check your recently installed programs and inspect your browser's directory where all the add-ons/extensions and plug-ins are stored. Follow these simple guidelines and remove Extra Savings virus:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes Malwarebytes or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security.
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to Extra Savings:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, BetterSurf, PureLead, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.