What is Fastinstall.info virus?
If you are suffering from Fastinstall.info pop-up ads that are actively trying to make you think that you need to update your Flash, FLV Player, one of your web browsers or similar program, you should be concerned. First of all, you should stay away from them as far as you can because, no matter how trustworthy they look, they are displayed for the only thing – making you install suspicious software on your computer. Such programs are mostly categorized as 'adwares' and 'potentially unwanted programs'. No matter that they are not considered viruses and that they can be kept on the system without a fear that they can steal your important information, they may easily initiate unwanted system changes and similar activities. If you want to avoid Fastinstall.info redirects to unknown websites, annoying pop-up ads, slow downs and similar suspicious activities during your browsing sessions, you should ignore every alert that claims that you ned to update your Flash Player, FLV Player, etc. If you really think that you need to update any of these programs, you should do this by visiting their official website. That's the safest way to do that. By clicking on various pop-up ads that may appear on your PC's screen during your browsing, you can easily be tricked into installing suspicious programs, visiting unsafe websites, etc. In order to remove Fastinstall.info virus, we recommend using Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
How can Fastinstall.info hijack my computer?
If you are suffering from Fastinstall.info alerts, it's a sign that your computer was affected by adware-type program. Such programs can be downloaded from the Internet without even realizing this. in most of the cases, they are added to various free applications where they are presented as 'optional' components. So, no matter that they are spread using legitimate programs, it seems that PC's security is now in our own hands. Fortunately, these 'optional' components (as well as Fastinstall.info adware) can be avoided by monitoring installation of the freeware. For that, you should always opt for Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. In addition, once you select this option, you should follow every installation step and uncheck all check boxes that report about installation of browser add-ons, extensions, plugins, etc. Of course, changing the start page or default search engine is also NOT recommended. Fortunately, those who have been tricked into downloading adware, browser hijacker or similar potentially unwanted program have some hope. The easiest way to get rid of annoying ads that may start interrupting you during each of your browsing sessions is to run a full system scan with updated anti-spyware. Of course, you can also select Manual removal method. However, we want to warn you that after opting for this method you will have to be very careful in order to avoid removal of legitimate and useful applications. Please, uninstall only the ones that look suspicious and have 'save', 'sale', 'coupon' and similar terms in their name.
How to remove Fastinstall.info virus?
You can remove Fastinstall.info automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Fastinstall.info virus Removal Guide:
Remove Fastinstall.info from Windows systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
Uninstall Fastinstall.info and related programs
Here, look for Fastinstall.info or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Uninstall Fastinstall.info from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Fastinstall.info or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Delete Fastinstall.info from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Fastinstall.info and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Fastinstall.info removal.
Erase Fastinstall.info virus from Microsoft Edge
Reset Microsoft Edge settings (Method 1):
- Launch Microsoft Edge app and click More (three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Click Settings to open more options.
- Once Settings window shows up, click Choose what to clear button under Clear browsing data option.
- Here, select all what you want to remove and click Clear.
- Now you should right-click on the Start button (Windows logo). Here, select Task Manager.
- When in Processes tab, search for Microsoft Edge.
- Right-click on it and choose Go to details option. If can’t see Go to details option, click More details and repeat previous steps.
- When Details tab shows up, find every entry with Microsoft Edge name in it. Right click on each of them and select End Task to end these entries.
Resetting Microsoft Edge browser (Method 2):
If Method 1 failed to help you, you need to use an advanced Edge reset method.
- Note: you need to backup your data before using this method.
- Find this folder on your computer:
- Select every entry which is saved on it and right click with your mouse. Then Delete option.
- Click the Start button (Windows logo) and type in window power in Search my stuff line.
- Right-click the Windows PowerShell entry and choose Run as administrator.
- Once Administrator: Windows PowerShell window shows up, paste this command line after PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> and press Enter:
Once these steps are finished, Fastinstall.info should be removed from your Microsoft Edge browser.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Get rid of Fastinstall.info from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Fastinstall.info and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Fastinstall.info removal.
Eliminate Fastinstall.info from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Fastinstall.info and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Fastinstall.info removal.
Remove Fastinstall.info from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Fastinstall.info or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Fastinstall.info removal process.