Federal Department of Justice and Police ransomware is something that should never be trusted. If you see an alert saying “Achtung! Ein Vorgang illegaler Aktivitaten wurde erkannt” be sure that it's a scam, which seeks to get some money from you. To be more precise, it's a virus, which tries to make Swiss, Germans and other people who live in this region to pay a fine of 150 Swiss francs for their 'crimes', such as watching copyrighted content, distributing malware or storing pornographic videos on their computers. Be aware that there are tens of other versions that belong to the same category of ransomware viruses, that act almost identically. We highly recommend to ignore such messages because Switzerland's or other countries' authorities have never been using such methods in order to get the fines from their users. Additionally, you have to remove Federal Department of Justice and Police virus from the system without any delay.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Federal Department of Justice and Police virus?
Federal Department of Justice and Police virus is distributed by trojan horse, which can easily get inside the system through its backdoors. Typically, you can download such virus together with freeware, shareware, spam emails and similar downloads. As soon as Federal Department of Justice and Police ransomware enters the system, it locks user's desktop and starts showing its notification, which seems to belong for Schweizerische Eidgenossenschaft Conferation Suisse Confederazione Svizzera Confederaziun svizra. This fake message claims:
Federal Department of Justice and Police
Ein Vorgang ilegaler Aktivitaten erkannt!
Das Betriebssystem wurde im Zusammenhang mit Verstossen gegen die Gesetze der Bundesrepublik Deutschland gesperrt! Es wurde folgender Verstoss festgestellt: Ihre IP-Adresse lautet: “” mit dieser IP wurden Seiten mit pornografischen Inhalt, Kinderpornographie, Sodomie und Gewalt gegen Kinder aufgerufen.
Auf Ihrem Computer wurden ebenfalls Videodateien mit pornografischen Inhalt, Elementen von Gewalt und Kinderpornografie festgestellt. Es wurden auch Emails in Form von Spam, mit terrroristischen Inhalten, verschickt. Diese Sperre dient dazu, Ihre illegalen Akticitäten zu unterbinden.
Please, ignore this message and remove Federal Department of Justice and Police virus from your computer.
HOW CAN I REMOVE Federal Department of Justice and Police virus?
When trying to remove Federal Department of Justice and Police virus, you have to unblock the system first. For that, try restoring your computer's date to the previous time in order or follow these steps:
* Users infected with Federal Department of Justice and Police virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Federal Department of Justice and Police virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining virus files.
* Flash Drive method:
- Take another PC and download Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program with it.
- Update the program and put it into your USB drive or simply burn a CD disk.
- While the CD burns or USB drive get's the information, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with Command Prompt (by pressing F8 on boot) and then stick the prepared USB drive or put the CD disk in it.
- Reboot the infected computer once more and run a full system scan with the program you downloaded.
Federal Department of Justice and Police ransomware manual removal: