Findopolis is one of these programs that show up on computers out of nowhere. Its distribution is closely related to freeware and shareware but you can also download this program from the Internet after being tricked into thinking that it can improve your browsing experience. In reality, the main thing why such programs are released is the money: by showing alerts about coupons, discounts, reduced prices and similar things, FindoPolis redirects people to predetermined websites and tries to increase their sales or the number of their visitors. However, noone can guarantee that such ads won't make you visit insecure website or won't trick you into downloading adware. That's why you should be very careful with FindoPolis ads and remove its browser plugin if it has showed on your computer.
How can FindoPolis infiltrate my computer?
Findopolis can be downloaded from the Internet just like any other web browser plugin. Hoever, in most of the cases it enters computers in a bundle with freeware and shareware. In order to avoid it, you should pay more attention to freeware's installation and deselect these check boxes that mention that instead of one program you will install two or three applications. If Findopolis virus infiltrates computer, it drops the plugin on all web browsers that can be found on the system, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. After hijacking these browsers, it starts causing continuous notifications that typically compare prices and notify about discounts. If you want to get rid of them, you should remove this adware from your computer.
How can I remove Findopolis?
If you noticed Findopolis ads during your browsing and you want to get rid of the, you should check your computer with one of these applications and make sure that it's free of malicious files: Reimage or Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner. After that, follow these steps and complete the removal of this adware:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Findopolis and similar unknown entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
Finally, reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Findopolis and other unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.